Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another What if...


When Meg finally finds Mr. Gold's antique shop she stands outside trying to talk herself out of walking in. Pacing back and forth on the side walk in front of the store windows she contemplates weather or not meeting him would be in her best interest.
Finally after a long period of deliberation she opens the door and walks in slowly.
"Mr. Gold?" She asks shutting the door behind her.
She hears the bells on the door back ring as it slammed shut. Startled by the sound she turns around and grabs the knob opening the door just a crack. Then from behind her she hears a mans voice responding to her call. She turns around rather quickly and there behind the counter stood her father. A man that looked so different  in her memories as a child.
"Cant you read the sign?" He asked in a rather discomforting tone.
"We are closed deary, please come back tomorrow!" He said in a hurried voice with much anger behind his words.
Meg looked puzzled for a bit. How could he not recognize her? She thought. I am his daughter and he should know me even if I have grown up.
Shocked and a little disappointed she muttered softly"Okay then, sorry to have bothered you."
And with that Meg walked out of the store.
Feeling guilty Gold called out to her "Wait, come back." But it was to late she was gone.
Meg walked and walked until she found a place to sit. A nice quiet bench facing the water. She kept playing back in her mind the time that she spent in the shop and stupid she felt for going inside. "I should have listened to my gut." She thought to herself.

"Is this seat taken?" A voice inquired from behind her.

It was the man she had met upon her arrival into Storybrooke.

"No." Stated Meg rather harshly. "I don't even know who you are. Why would you want to sit with me?" She continued rather harshly.

"Well, uh" He hesitated "I am Jefferson." He exclaimed holding out his hand to her to shake.

"I am Megara. But my friends call me Meg." She said reaching out for his hand.

"So may I call you Meg?" He asked sitting down beside her.

"I don't know yet, give me some time to get to know you and I'll tell you."

"You are very blunt aren't you?" Jefferson asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment