Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What If...

Ok well since there is more dialog now that the story has caught up with itself I am going to start writing these "what ifs..."  a little bit more like a script. So I am going to set up the scene and then start with the dialog if this doesn't pan out the I think it will I will go back to my old ways...Well, here goes nothing :-)

Jefferson walks into Granny's Dinner when he steps in everyone turns to look. The reactions of the citizens of Storybrooke give him a rather undesirable look because of what he did to Emma and Mary Margret a while ago. He stands there holding the door open for Meg as she steps in the looks of hatred turn into looks of curiosity. As they find a table and sit down Ruby comes over with menus.

Ruby- good evening, Jefferson. (Harshly toned and rather annoyed)

Jefferson- (Looking up at Ruby from his seat) Why, hello there. Ruby, was it? How've you been? It's be a while hasn't it?

Ruby rolling eyes and slams down the menu in front of him and turns to walk away.

Jefferson- (looking at Meg) We aren't very close.

Meg picks up menu and starts reading.

Meg- No kidding. What'd you do to her? (Asking from behind menu)

Jefferson- It wasn't what I did to her it's what I did to her friends Mary Margret and Emma.

Meg- Which was? (Still reading menu)

Jefferson- I kidnapped them.

Meg- I'm sorry you did what? (Putting down menu)

Jefferson-You heard correctly, I kidnapped them, but I didn't keep them for long. I thought Emma could make my hat work with magic.

Meg- Hum (nodding)

Jefferson- Now you're just looking at me like I am nuts.

Meg- You are nuts.

Jefferson- I've never been called nuts before, I've been referred to as mad, but never nuts.

Meg- Mad? (Making facial expression trying to figure out where she'd heard that before.) So you're the Mad hatter. (Opening eyes widely)

Jefferson- The one and only. Glad to make your acquaintance. (gesturing a small bow)

Meg started to smile and let out a little giggle

Meg- So why did you think Emma could fix your hat with magic?

Jefferson- She was the saviour.

Meg- The saviour... (pausing for a bit) as in Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter?

Jefferson- Yeah, how do you know that? (looking at her puzzled)

Meg- Are you forgetting who my father is? I know all about this stuff. I know about the evil queen who wanted to get back at Snow White for telling a secret that got her boyfriend killed. I know about the curse, and all about the "land without magic." My father created that curse which sent you all here. I was there when he was mixing the magic.

Jefferson- Ah, yes your father. "The Dark One"

Meg- SHHHHHHHHH (harshly) not a lot of people know he has a daughter and I don't want them to use the knowledge to their advantage. And besides I don't want him to find out from anyone that I am here until I have had the chance to talk to him. I'm still not even sure if telling you was the right choice! (Whispering)

Jefferson- I'm sorry, and I promise not to give anything away.

Ruby walks up to the table 

Ruby- So, what can I get for you (looking at Jefferson)

Jefferson- I'll take a burger and fries with a beer

Ruby- (writing down order) And for you?

Meg- Just a salad and a water

Ruby- Ok that'll be right out. (looking at Meg with a smirk then turns and gives Jefferson a smug look)

Jefferson- You don't want a beer? You've had a rough day? I can wave Ruby down it's no trouble.

Meg- No thank you I'm not in the condition for alcohol. (Widening her eyes realizing that she almost gave a secret away.)

Jefferson- So I told you about my kidnapping past now it's your turn to tell me something about yourself.

Meg- I told you I am not an open book. I don't like talking about my past. (Sighs with relief)

Jefferson- Oh yeah that's right you did, well looks like we will have to talk about something here and now, in the present. Like that ring. (Gesturing down to Meg's right hand that sits on the table)

Meg- This old thing. It's nothing. (Pulling hand down under table trying to hide it)

Jefferson- It must be something, if you are trying to hide it from me. And it must be important because it appears to have change colors several times since we met earlier this afternoon. 

Meg- it's really nothing. (Looking away from him)

Jefferson- are you afraid that I will steal it?

Meg- No, besides you wouldn't be able too. It hasn't left my hand since I was a Child.

Jefferson looks at Meg puzzled.

Ruby came back to the table with their food.

Ruby- Enjoy.

Meg- Thank You (with a smile).

Ruby- (Turns to look at Jefferson) She seems to good for you. I hope she knows what kind of a monster you are.(Walks off)

Jefferson- I am no more of a monster that you sweetie (says under muffled breath)

Meg- Well that was rude! (Scoffing)

Jefferson- Don't worry about her she's all bark and no bite. (Pauses) Well, a little bite when the moon is full. Now let's talk about your ring shall we?

Meg- Wait (pauses for a second) You're not telling me that's.

Jefferson- Yes, little Red. Now please continue.

Meg- Oh right the ring, well My father gave it to me for protection.

Jefferson- Protection from what, exactly?

Meg- Magic (quiet voice almost a whisper). Right before he sent me to live with my patents he gave it to me as a gift. He said it would grow with me and that I was to keep it on at all times. To be honest it has been a real mystery to me. It didn't start changing colors until. (Pauses hesitantly)

Jefferson- (looking considered) Until? (Taking a drink of beer)

Meg- Until I figured out that I had powers of my own.

Jefferson- (almost spitting out beer) you have powers of your own? (In a very loud voice)

Meg- (looking annoyed) Keep it down, Jefferson! Yes I have powers.

Jefferson- Wow Meg, that's amazing! (says in hushed tones) What can you do?

Meg- I'm not all that sure. I have only ever used magic once. When it happened it was in a fit of rage and all I did I was push someone really, REALLY hard.

Jefferson- You pushed someone? Out of anger? Couldn't it have just been a very strong out burst caused by the fit of rage?

Meg- Yes it could have been, if there wasn't a bluish mist coming from my fingers! (Irritated and with authority)

Jefferson- Ok, so what made you so mad that you pushed someone? (Taking a drink and smiling behind his mug)

Meg- One night I fixed dinner in my apartment for (pausing) wait a second, I know what you are up to I told you I'm not an open book when it comes to my past. We were talking about my ring. We can either finish our conversation about that or we are done talking. (Bluntly)

Jefferson- Ok, sorry. So why can't anyone steal the ring?

Meg- (slapping hand down onto the middle of the table) Touch it.

Jefferson raises an eye brow.

Meg- Just put your hand on the ring.

Jefferson- (Puts hand on top of Megs looking her in the eyes) OUCH! Its hot! (Retracting hand and then waving it up and down)

Meg- Exactly, now watch this! (pulls off ring with ease and gives him a rather see I told you so kinda look)

Jefferson- How'd you do that?

Meg- I told you. (putting the ring back on her hand) It was designed to be my protector when my father couldn't.

Jefferson- That's impressive!

Meg- Yeah, now on to other on to other things. If I am going to stay here I need a place to stay. Didn't you say there was a bed and breakfast around here?

Jefferson- Yeah it's attaches to the back of Granny's Diner. But as for having a place to stay you could always stay with me.

Meg- We just met Jefferson I'm not staying the night with you. And besides if you want to stay friends that is not the way to do it!

Jefferson- I don't me stay with me. I mean stay in my house. i have a rather large estate. You can stay there as long as you need until you find a place.
Meg- No, Jefferson, but thank you. I am independent I need to find a place of my own and a job.

Jefferson- Well to stay in the B&B talk to Granny (pointing towards Granny) for a job you will want to talk to Ruby.(pointing towards Ruby)

More to come :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment