Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What If...

"You have no idea how blunt I can really be." Meg stated. "Look, you don't know me and I don't know why you would want to. My past is rather colorful and getting to know me will only get you into trouble. So if I were you I'd walk away right now!" She said looking towards him and cocking her eye brow up.

"Not going to happen." Jefferson said staring forward.

"Why not?" Meg asked with a sigh.

"Because," he said "the way I see it, you are new here, you know absolutely no one and absolutely no one knows you. I don't like to see people alone. I was alone until the curse was broken and I found my daughter. But even though it is I am still without her."

Now he was looking down at his hands. Sitting there stiff as a board not saying a word. She could tell this was a tough subject for him and didn't want to over step her bounds by asking a lot of prying questions. So she started with something simple.

"What is your daughters name?" She asked in a hushed tones.

"Grace, her name is Grace." He whispered with his head still slumped over.

After sitting in an awkward yet comfortable silence for more than a few minutes. Jefferson proceeded to sigh, and stood up so fast that it looked like a slight jump.

"Well," he said turning to look at her I am a tad hungry and I would say you are too. We have been sitting here for over the second portion of the day and for the first half of this day you, my new friend, have been on a bus. So I would say that you are rather hungry as well. Am I right? He asked looking down at her with a smirk.

"Half of this day and pretty much all of the last but for the most part You sir, would be correct." Meg replied smiling back.

"Would you like to accompany me to Granny's the finest eating establishment in Storybrooke?" He inquired holding out his hand.

"I believe I will. Thank you." She stated putting her hand in his and jumping up from the bench.

More to come! Let me know what you're thinking.

Thanks, Casey :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment