Saturday, February 9, 2013

Once Upon A Time films some scenes for Season 2 episode 18 - with a returning character of note...and maybe a new 1.

This past Wednesday the ABC hit fantasy drama "Once Upon A Time" did some filming in the downtown core. The second time in a a couple of months. This time, filming was taking place in the same area where they were last time, when I caight Emma, Mr. Gold, Henry & Neal doing scenes on the streets of Gastown, subbing in for the SoHo district of New York City.

This time, there was a couple interesting things I took away from the shoot.

First. The 1 that everyone has asked me about since I announced it, (and gossip site EW.Com was nice enough to take & run with... ) wait, I'm getting sidetracked by a rant, what was it I was supposed to be talking about??? 

Oh, the big news.... Eion Bailey was on set reprising his role of the motorcycle riding August W. Booth. The man we know as Pinocchio was in his non-wooden state having a conversation with Neal Cassidy ( Michael Raymond James ) before he rides off on his motorcycle on the streets of New York City. I must thank a local set observer who clued me into Eion being there, as I wouldnt have noticed him right away because of the angle & set up of the cameras when I got there. Only after he told me he was there did I put in an effort to get a better view point.

The second. In the latter part of the scene, there was a mystery woman in orange who has a scene where she runs into (literally) Neal. At 1st, I just thought she was a background character, then as she did take after take after take & was getting the same treatment as the other 2 main characters in the scenes, I started realizing, this is a person who will have a role of note in the episode.

Doing some google work, I am inclined to believe its Sonequa Martin-Green, who had been cast several weeks ago as a "mystery character" named "Tamara". I havent been able to 100% verify it is her, but the resemblance to her is considerable enough, till I am told differently... I think this is the girl who will be playing "Tamara". This mystery characters scene included her walking along the streets of SoHo & quite literally running into Neal as he turns around to walk away from his talk with August and ends up bumping into her and spilling her coffee all over her, causing them to stop and chat for a few moments.

After that, they wrapped that location & moved on & I headed home.

 So anyways, there you have it. August is back. Sonequa Martin-Green MIGHT be this scene... and the streets of New York City are still being played at times by the capable Gastown.

No comments:

Post a Comment